Vision and Mission
Vision StatementSynchro Swim British Columbia is dedicated to being a progressive volunteer sport association, based upon a tradition of excellence, dedicated partners, and an ethical and values-driven foundation. Synchro Swim British Columbia has a strong athlete-centered and client focused sport system that promotes growth, accessibility, and success of the sport provincially, nationally and internationally.
We are in pursuit of a vision that will:
- provide communities throughout British Columbia with access to recreational and competitive synchronized swimming programs.
- strive for excellence by providing training and competitive opportunities for athletes, coaches and judges from the Recreation level to the International level.
- actively seek ways to increase athletes, coaches and judges memberships by Synchro BC building strong relationships with clubs, members, sponsors, government and sport community.
Mission StatementSynchro Swim British Columbia provides opportunities to foster and promote a fully integrated Synchronized Swimming Sport System throughout BC, which will offer opportunities for excellence at all levels of participation from Recreational to International.
MandateBritish Columbia Amateur Synchronized Swimming Association responsibilities includes:
- promote, teach, foster, encourage, and improve synchronized swimming in British Columbia at the Recreational, Provincial, National and International levels.
- regulate amateur Synchronized Swimming in British Columbia and deal with any infringement thereof.
- establish and maintain standards of certification of coaches and officials.
- stimulate public opinion in favor of providing proper accommodation, adequate facilities, and the training of instructors and officials for teaching and developing Synchronized Swimming in British Columbia.