Constitution and By-laws
CONSTITUTION as per BRITISH COLUMBIA SOCIETY ACT
- The name of the Society is the BRITISH COLUMBIA AMATEUR SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING ASSOCIATION, also known as SYNCHRO BC
- The purpose of the Society are to:
- Promote, teach, foster, encourage and improve Synchronized Swimming in British Columbia.
- Regulate Amateur Synchronized Swimming in British Columbia and to deal with any infringement thereof.
- Establish and maintain standards of certification of coaches and officials.
- Stimulate public opinion in favour of providing proper accommodation, adequate facilities and trained instructors for teach and developing Synchronized Swimming in British Columbia.
- To raise money to fulfill the purposes of the association.
- Not For Profit
The purposes of the Association shall be carried out without gain or profit to its members and any profits or other accretions to the Association shall be used in promoting its purposes, and this is unalterable.
In the event that the Association should at any time be wound up or dissolved, the remaining assets after payment of all debts and liabilities shall, within one year, be turned over to another organization or organizations promoting the same purposes as the Association or to a recognized charitable organization in the Province of British Columbia or elsewhere in Canada or elsewhere in Canada as directed by the members, and this is unalterable.
- Paragraphs 3,4,5, of this Constitution are unalterable in accordance with the Society Act.
The Bylaws are now available for download (last update: November 2014).
If you have any questions feel free to contact the Executive Director directly.